Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spiral stairs painted

It's so good to have the spiral stairs done!

I painted them yesterday and this morning.  Here's a photo showing why it was very convenient to have constructed the stairs independently of a base :)


Painting was so much easier this way!  If they had been glued in place, I suspect a great deal of bad language would have been used ...

And here's what they look like now, after some extra coats of paint:


I received some lovely goodies in the mail yesterday -- my fireplace crane, a little cauldron and the two fires I need for the kitchen.  I'm all ready to build the final wall, install some lighting and finish up the ground floor of the kitchen wing!

8 comments:

  1. Fab job, Nina!! Totally stone-like :). I too have to deal with my stairs and I am having a terrible time trying to pry them out ! :) I really can't wait to see those fire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sans -- I really appreciate that! Where in the palace are your spiral stairs? What are they made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh..Sans wrote everything I wanted to write ;) Absolutely great stone effect on the stairs! Hope you will show us the goodies - I am so curious about that cauldron:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, it's my tribal "hut" that was bashed from a Jr Victorian Cottage from Real Good Toys. The stairs are not spiral but currently it looked too Victorian and not at all tribal. Tomorrow if I have time, I will have to bring out my hammer and chisel and try again. I agree with you, you do a much better job painting it if they are not glued own yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, OM! I'll be doing some wiring later, and I'll post some pics

    Sans: I just spent a very pleasant half and hour going back through some of your earlier posts. It's so refreshing to see a different sort of dolls house, from a different culture than the usual Western ones. I love the tribal hut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina you did exactly the right thing by NOT fixing them in place. Neither my wooden or metal spiral staircase were painted in situ, it would have been impossible to do so. In fact you can't paint, stain, etc., any kind of staircase in situ! lol

    Fabulous!

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stairs look great. They really do look like stone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stairs look amazing you'd never guess they were blocks of balsa, clever you :p) Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails