After I finished the big jousting tapestry my fingers still seemed a bit itchy, so I stitched up a small vertical piece designed to be hung between windows.
This Tudor pattern comes from Sandra Whitehead's book Celtic, medieval and Tudor wallhangings in 1/12 scale needlepoint. I worked it over three and a half days, which made a pleasant change from working on something that took 2 and a half months :) I changed a few colours and stitched it on 26 count linen with two strands of cotton floss.
Here's Whitehead's version:
It now has a home between the two windows on the main floor of the tower:
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 24: stitching the needle pages - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. This week, I’ve been stitching the needle pages on doctor...
1 day ago