Learning about medieval flooring has been a real pleasure, and I'm terribly happy that my miniature tile floor is all finished.
Overall, I'm pleased with the effect, particularly from a distance. Close up, one can tell that the owners of this castle hired blind apprentice tile makers back in the 12th century :)
I think I'll make that part of the story ...
The yellow ochre glaze I used really helped to tie things together. Then I used a burnt umber glaze to pick out some of the tiles and to muddy things up a bit in general.
There's no grout. There perhaps should be -- some of the gaps are pretty big!