I had a few minutes, so decided to trim the door from the kitchen to the storeroom. I used really thin balsa for the sides of the frame and thicker balsa for the lintel. Thank heavens for photos in macro! The photo below showed me that I hadn't pushed the lintel far enough down on the right hand side, and the glue was still wet, so I could fix it easily!
I stained the balsa with some of the left over colour wash from the wall -- burnt umber, a little white, lots of water.
And I dressed up the sideboard for the photo. Two nights ago I made a couple of trial sugar cones or sugar loaves. I'm going to do a tutorial on those soon, although they're so easy a tutorial isn't really necessary :)
Home of a Needleworker (too!) – a quick cross stitch project! - Sometimes, I just want to be stitching a quick cross stitch project; something simple and homely – and this project ticks all the boxes! It’s a cross stitc...
4 hours ago