Monday, May 10, 2010

Kitchen shelves



I put up two shelves in the castle kitchen today.  I had actually bought them, ready made, in Toronto last week -- it seemed a bit extravagant, buying something I could make so easily, but they were very cheap and already done. which was strangely appealing.  I shaved a bit off the edges, since I LOVE the way the irregular wood looks in the kitchen and pantry and don't want to spoil it now with something too perfect :)  I brushed on a weak solution of water and burnt umber and stuck them up with Quick Grip glue.

I'm still working on the giveaway - should have something to post very soon ...

11 comments:

  1. They look perfect there with their rustic charm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of a relief to be back to rusticity, Dale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute. We all have our favored genres. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy things ready is not a solution as easy as it seems: you see what you buy ...
    You bought good!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it's my turn soon to make shelves for my tribal house. I love yours. Thought you made them because they are so rustic. Those off the shelf shelves (lol) are too perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te ha quedado genial!!!
    Has conseguido que parezca muy usado y rustico.
    Una apariencia de lo mas relal.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. dale: yeah, I'm rustic for sure. Possibly even primitive. Give me no right angles and I'm happy for days :)

    Flora: thanks, sweetie! Watch the mail, your package went out this morning, my Ingres-loving friend!

    Sans: Ah, you see what 5 minutes with a blunt craft knife and no motor control can do? :) Can I just say that I love your tribal house so much?

    Gracias ascensión! Rural es mi estilo favorito!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh...I love those mini scenes where you wonder; is it real...no it's a mini...no , it can't be.....!!!!!!
    It looks great!!
    Synnøve :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tienes un blog precioso me encanta.
    Besos.
    Marini.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Qué hermosas cosas y qué realismo le has dado con ese tratamiento.
    Me encantan las miniaturas.
    Llegué hasta tu blog, por Ascensión, que tanto habla de vos.
    Un besito desde Argentina.Volveré.
    www.lasartesaniasdemares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails