Friday, May 7, 2010

Edwardian fireplace, finished

It looks so much better painted black!  Thank you so much to the people who suggested this.  I wired in the fire this morning, just so I could take its photo :) You can see the Art Nouveau decoration on this piece, which was one of the things that attracted me to it.  Perfect for the roombox!

The fire is the same kind I generally purchase from eBay:  I was really happy to find a similar unit at the Toronto dollhouse shop.    Mum loves fireplaces but doesn't have one in her condo, so I know she'll love having a tiny one she can switch on and off :)

11 comments:

  1. You just said yourself - a perfect fireplace for the roombox! Looks great in black! And I love the fire:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice and I love the fire :)

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ewa and Ira! I'm so excited about this project -- I have to go to Halifax today, but I hope to do some real work on the box itself tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect shade of "Mummy's Black"! Well done, Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Nina! It's totally transformed into a real Edwardian fireplace! You work incredibly fast...last time I saw this fireplace it was silver! :o)

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very effective and the black really shows up the decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spectacular transformation! I love those tiles! And the all black look is perfect. I can't wait to see what else you do with this room box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely - I feel like pulling up a chair and warming my hands there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fireplace looks perfect and your fire will make a lovely glow in your Mum's room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fireplace looks really great ,all looks very marmonical .Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it looks amazing. I love how when it is lit it really brings out the tiles.

    I'd love to see the look on your moms face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails