(How alliterative :)
Here's the 17th century Ming Dynasty dais cloth that was the inspiration for this piece of needlepoint. Isn't it beautiful? I love the fact that the dragons are so stylized that they become almost abstract.
I finished the stitching last night and made up the screen today!
And here it is ready to be mounted on the screen.
I wanted to be able to hide the ends of the gauze and glue the piece in place, without risking glue seeping into my petit point. I cut a square of laminated paper (from a postcard, actually) and used that as a backing, gluing the edges of the gauze around it.
And here's the petit point chart for your own use -- this would make a nice cushion as it is, or a larger firescreen if done on 32 count canvas.
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 30: how to make a needlelace berry - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. This week, I am explaining how to make a needlelace berry...
4 days ago