Just a few things I want to clean up before I put the roof on the main floor, and the hall window is one of them.
I cut out pieces of rather wide tongue depressor sticks to make a lining for the window cut out in the foam, and I stained them.
I glued them into place inside the window opening.
Then I constructed a simple frame out of odd bits of wood -- these overlapped the edge of the window so that they would stop the "glass" from moving forward.
I trimmed the foam so it was neater, then cut a piece of acrylic to fit the window hole and made panes using 1/16" self-adhesive model striping and then fitted it into the hole.
And it's done!
I've also been working on what I'm using for crown moulding, and I'll show that in a later post. I also MUST do my 200 follower giveaway, or it'll be 250 lovely followers and I will be consumed by guilt :)
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 30: how to make a needlelace berry - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. This week, I am explaining how to make a needlelace berry...
4 days ago