Woo hoo! I'm so excited!
I finished up the last things I absolutely needed to get done before gluing on the first floor.
1. Ceiling roses/decorations. I added a large ceiling rose to the hall and a combination anaglypta/small rose to the parlour. To keep the holes lined up, I used a wire which worked very well:
2. A frieze around the top of the wallpaper in the Parlour, to hide the fact that the wallpaper doesn't go all the way to the ceiling :) I used a section of the anaglypta -- it's not perfect (more Regency than George I :), but it does finish things off and it was cheap and easy!
(I'm amused by the way the light comes through the wall in the Parlour :) Once there are bricks on the outside of the foam, of course, things will be a little less glowing :))
3. Finally, I glued on a beam on the kitchen end wall to support the first floor at that side:
And so, this morning, I glued on the first floor!
With the ceiling on, now I can finish some of the downstairs trim, like the "crown moulding" in the dining room. I used a small 1:1 moulding with an embossed egg and dart pattern. Here it is, unfinished, being fitted to size, with mitred corners:
And here it is stained, and glued into place: (the only place it's not glued to the ceiling is the front of the chimney piece, because the whole chimney piece is removeable so I can fix any lighting problems that may develop).
Now I can install all the lighting fixtures and wire them up!
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 30: how to make a needlelace berry - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. This week, I am explaining how to make a needlelace berry...
4 days ago