I bought a roll of anaglypta wallpaper border from Home Depot (most North Americans know anaglypta as dimensioned wallpaper) to use for ceiling decorations, as the raised designs mimic decorative plaster work quite well. I cut out the central motif and gave it a go this morning in the dining room.
Last night I painted the "ceiling" side of the plywood flat white. With the ceiling on in the correct position this morning, I drilled holes in the centres of each of the four rooms.
I made a hole in the centre of my ceiling decoration. I then flipped the plywood over so the white side was up and aligned the hole in the decoration with the hole in the dining room part of the ceiling, trying to keep the whole thing square to the sides of the plywood (and trying to remember which part of the upside down ceiling was the dining room!)
When I flipped the plywood over and had a look at the dining room from below, I realized my mistake! I had estimated the centre of the room by the distance between the two walls -- I should have used the right hand wall and the edge of the chimney breast!
It may be centred in the room, but it isn't centred over the table, and that would drive me nuts!
So I peeled it off (I'm glad I checked right away, while the glue was still wet!) drilled a new hole and moved the whole gubbins over about an inch :),.
Then I just had to see what one of the chandeliers looks like, so I just stuck it up temporarily:
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 30: how to make a needlelace berry - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. This week, I am explaining how to make a needlelace berry...
4 days ago