Friday, September 14, 2012

Needlepoint sampler and getting ready for camp!

Hello, all!  I'm back after a very predictable long break :) From the beginning of June through August every year I'm busy with various operatic projects, but now I'm ready to get back to the world of very small things!

I'm going to attend Camp Mini Ha Ha in the Annapolis Valley for the first time, in two weeks, and I've been busy getting various little gifts and so forth finished. (I'm amazed that I was so focused on minis online that I never knew there was a big mini camp practically around the corner from me!)  I'm also making some items to sell, including some petit point.

This is Nancy Sturgeon's Early 18th century Adam and Eve sampler from Annelle Ferguson's great book, Traditional needlework in miniature. I foolishly started it on the wrong count silk gauze (I used 40 ct instead of 48) so I've taken the liberty of editing it a little (I've made it shorter) so it will be more in scale.  I've also made Eve a blonde :)

It feels lovely to be back, working in 1:12 scale again!  Lots of projects ahead, and I shall be reporting from the camp at the end of the month!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Nina! Welcome Back!!! I'm glad to know you are still doing minis (I suspected you were tied up in the Opera world..:)
    Your stitchery is Beautiful! I am going to have to try some of that gauze... Not that I need to try anything NEW right now! It's great to see what you are up to again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es un bordado muy bonito!
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Looking good so far. Welcome back to the mini world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The petit point looks great, enjoy the camp, I am sure you will have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you back in the mini world again and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi nina,

    Welcome back - you've been missed!

    Great sampler - I am very green eyed about that book, I can't find it anywhere! Have a great time at camp, and post soon!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daydreamer: Thank you so much, it does feel great to be back :) Must go and check out what you've been busy with :)

    Rosamargarita: Thank you! And you're welcome about the verification -- I hate it, too :)

    Casey: Great to hear from you, can't wait to catch up!

    Elga: I've never been to any mini camp at all, so I'm excited but nervous -- I think it will be fun, though!

    Irene: So good to see you, too! I've missed seeing your work so much.

    Jonquil: Hello! I missed everyone ... I TREASURE this book -- it too me a full year of haunting sites online before I found one in a price range I could live with! It's really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Un motivo precioso, te está quedando perfecto, eliz fin de semana :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nina, welcome back :-)
    I can not say anything for sure about the long absence, as I spent a year at least swinging, with respect to the blog ...
    Anyway, I'm happy to hear from you, and to know that you are well and have many exciting new projects :-)
    Happy camping & mini lovely hugs
    Flora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails