Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recent purchases including Shearwater show items

Here are my purchases from the Shearwater show.  The parasol is by my friend Paula, and the dress is by Linda, the lovely woman at the next booth. (I also bought some pieces of very fine linen and the porcelain doll from her, as well as a wealth of tiny scale trims.)

Here's a close up of the dress -- isn't it beautiful?  It could even pass for mid to late 17th century (except it should be off the shoulders) -- the first era of the bustle!

 I managed to pick up 10 wineglasses and 8 beer mugs from a lovely lady who was destashing.  The tiny wheel-thrown jug is made by Jo-Ann Shaw who is an extraordinary craftsman. Check out her chalices and cauldrons (as well as her saddles) at her website, Kilnworks Minis.



I lost the business card for the maker of this lovely easel, which I'm going to use in the WAMH in my artist's studio:




I also did a swap for a gorgeous hand-turned wig stand :)

And this isn't from the Shearwater show, but I love it -- it's a turned lidded box by UK Artisan Dave Williams of Harvington Miniatures who sells on Ebay under the name smallartist:

Knitwits tomorrow -- the girls' houses proceed apace and I'll try to post some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some Great Treasures, Nina! Does the Gown fit the doll? Or are you just leaving it on the mannequin? Sounds like your local Fair was a wonderful success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gown is constructed right on the mannequin, so I'm just going to put it in the house that way :) It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails