Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy weekend at the Shearwater Hobby Show

David and I had such a great weekend at the Shearwater Hobby Show in Shearwater, NS!

We had a table set up to sell our minis (our first show!) and happily shared it with another member of MESS (Miniature Enthusiasts of the South Shore), Paula, who brought beautiful little parasols and feather fans to sell.

I made tons of little non-opening books for the show and they sold really well, as did the bookshelves David made.  These are some of my old fashioned books ...

And these are the shabby/modern ones -- including tons of Penguin books :)

I'm hard at work on a couple of kits to make these, so hope to have them for sale, soon.

I made a screen for my first piece of original crewel work ...


 And had quite a few framed reproductions on offer, which sold very well.

But the best part of the show were the people I met.  It was wonderful spending time with Paula, who's such a smart, funny, creative woman.  I met Linda, who makes the most exquisite costumes and who is going to join MESS in the summer, when she's at her cottage.  She was so kind and generous to us!

I also met a glorious crew of people from Halifax, Dartmouth and Fredericton, including some extraordinary artisans, and am looking forward to Camp Mini Ha Ha in September and maybe driving up to a few meetings in Dartmouth.

All in all, it was a lovely, lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great show! The first one is always the most stressful. I wish I knew about the show as I would have sent my sister, who lives very close to Shearwater, there. I am from Halifax as well, and sailed up and down the south shore, so I know it well. I am in Calgary now (and obviously boat-less) ha!
    Next time I come back home for a visit, I will look you guys up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa! I'm really glad to have the first one over with -- I neglected to bring so many things that would have helped :) Glad to hear that the first one is the most stressful!

    Please come and visit the next time you're on the coast -- we have a 30'Alberg and can't get enough the sailing out here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each show is a learning experience. The next one will be easier cuz you will know better what to expect :)
      I miss sailing so much but I have turned to mountain biking and skiing out here. My dad still has his boat for when I go home. Where do u keep your boat in the summer?

      Delete
  3. Hello Nina,
    Congratulations on your first show. I'm glad it went well.
    All the best,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear it all went well for you - and your survived!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails