Today the girls painted the exterior of the castle. The girls who did the painting are 12 and 9 years old, respectively. To simplify things, I had them paint the entire exterior pale grey (I used latex primer with a bit of artist's acrylic black added). Then they "stamped" blocks on the outside using small pieces of cellulose sponge -- we had four colours: dark grey, light grey, medium brown, light brown and they just alternated colour randomly. It worked much better than I thought it would!
We set the block colours out on paper plates: each colour had its own plate and sponge:
Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui 37: how to join panels with insertion stitch and attach the pincushion - I am currently stitching the Carolyn Pearce Strawberry Fayre heart etui as a stitchalong project. In this post I’ll explain how to join panels with inserti...
2 hours ago