Monday, February 25, 2013

Tulips (full scale) and 1:12 four poster bed

Today felt quite a lot like Spring in Nova Scotia -- warm sunlight and a brilliant blue sky almost fooled me into thinking Spring was here already. It made me buy a bunch of tulips at the grocery store; my first of the season :)

I think I love this so much because it reminds me of the 17th century love of tulips :) I get to have tulips all year round in the William and Mary House!


I finally decided on the four poster bed to go in the bedroom of the WAHM: this whitewood (or barewood) version, by Street Ahead, which I bought through UK dealer Minimum World. Within a week or so after ordering, it arrived and was ready to be stained.


 I have some touch ups to do (I need to even out the tone in places), and I have to varnish it, but imagine this hung with crewel work and with crewel bedding ...


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, Nina, I LOVE the bed!!! Are you going to do the crewel work in miniature? I can't wait to see it in the WAMH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bed looks beautiful and will be even better with the draperies. I wonder how it would feel to sleep in a bed like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice details in the bed cant wait to see it dressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails