Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bellpull stitiching done


Yesterday I finished the stitching on the bellpull -- I'm in the process of hemming it and adding the pewter top and a tassel on the bottom!

I've learned that one should never carry a dark coloured thread from one area of the canvas to another, because it WILL show up behind a light background :)   Good lesson to learn!

And I learned how much I love stitching on silk gauze. I'd like to thank the Petitpointers and my other friends in the mini world for your encouragement to give this a try!

What skills have you learned in the mini world that you never thought you'd have?

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely Nina, love the blue and white color scheme!!! LOL!!! Woodwork is the skill I thought I will never be able to do, I remember the first time I was going to a friend to learn how to use a jigsaw, I had nightmares about losing limbs. That was before mini's, we made our own boxes, etc to decoupage. Thank goodness, because I don't think I would have ever had the confidence to start a dollhouse without this experiece and I still have all my limbs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pattern and great work Nina!
    As for me all the Office's building was something I thought I would never do ;) So everything I do is a new thing for me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10/10 for patiences on this! It'll be nice to see it in situ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elga: jigsaws are scary. What a great experience, though, since it gave you enough confidence to move on to dollhouses :) The table you've done is very beautiful, largely because of its simplicity of design and the fineness of the work and finish.

    Ewa: it's been such a delight watching Snape's Office progress from the individual bricks to its current state of perfection :) That's one of the lovely things about miniatures, I think -- it's a cumulative art form, isn't it? The layers of detail just build and build ... A bit like needlework :)

    Irene: Thank you so much! I've just received some 40 ct gauze, so I'm going to have to pick something to make on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails